Eyes, are the windows to the soul. Although you might think most of the anime characters have similar eyes; in cosplay, you will find out most of the eyes are different, and it is hard to change your eyes to anime eyes.
We all know the fact that most of the eyes in anime are huge. Anime characters are probably have a facial ratio of a human and a tarsier(◐‿◑); however, some of the anime nowadays, have a facial ratio that is more human friendly, so what is the reason the anime characters’ eyes seem bigger?
There are few things that we can do in terms making our eyes look more like anime:
- Get colored contact lenses: even though your eyes have the same color as the charater that you going to cosplay, colored contact lenses with black ring around them can make your eyes look more anime. You can also get the ones with solid color, this kind of contact lenses are good for taking pictures from most of the distance, from far to close up.
- Make big double eyelids! : Another reason why some anime characters have a facial ratio that are similar to human’s facial ratio, and yet their eyes look bigger, is because the curve of their double eyelids are higher than most of the human. To solve this problem, we can use double eyelid tape/glue. I prefer tape, because my eyes have half double eyelid o(╥﹏╥)o; personally, I think this kind of eyelid is the hardest to create anime eye, because the double eyelid it there, but one side is closed. It was difficult for me to use the glue, so I used the tape, and here is the process:
*** I cut the tape in half and placed it toward the inner corner of the eyelid to see if it can carry my fat heavy eyelid, and it works fine! (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
- Eyelashes~~: Fake eyelashes are require most of the makeup, especially for female characters; male characters are more require on eyeliner, except for feminine male characters. If you want to cosplay male character, you can skip the top fake eyelash, but definitely need bottom fake eyelashes.
*** I am only focusing on trying the eyelid tape, we will discuss about the fake eyelashes in the future post (~￣▽￣)~
Where to buy these items?
- Contact Lens: I got mine from a optical shop at Hong Kong, but I heard most people get theirs from Pinky Paradise.
- Eyelid Tape and Fake Eye Lashes: I got these from the japanese store named Daiso(they have it online(for box unit)/in store), most of the item they sell are $1.50 USD each, and of course the tape and the lashes are $1.50 each ~∩(︶▽︶)∩
Here is all I got for this post, next time, I will talk about the difference between the eyes of female, feminine male and male characters, stay tuned!
(-´ ᗢ `-)/~❁*:･ﾟ✧